GRUB problem
July 29, 2007 04:16AM
Hi,
I have a problem with grub during the boot. I have the follow message :

GRUB Loading stage2
graphic file "/boot/grub/message.elive" missing, press a key to continue ...

After pressing a key, i have GRUB in text mode.

Thanks for your help
Re: GRUB problem
July 29, 2007 11:28AM
cybermarcel I believe that our iso or disk is damaged in someway. You are having too many problems that are related to an incomplete distribution. I suggest you redownload the iso and the md5sum and check that the md5sum is correct.

Burn the iso at 8x and verify it...when you install...make sure you use th check Disc feature before proceeding futher.

A healthy diet includes, Linux, Linux and more Linux.
July 29, 2007 12:32PM
Do you have installed Elive with a separed /boot partition ? what is the filesystem used for root partition and (if exists) /boot one ?
July 29, 2007 05:42PM
i have 2 hard disk and 2 linux on separat partition. A have choose the reiserFS file system. I don't have a partition for /boot.

I always have tje problem with grub but not with entrance. I have installed a client/server for VNC and when i have change the resolution of the screen with a vnc client, the problem with entrance have began.

Thanks
August 22, 2007 08:35PM
Show us your /boot/grub/menu.lst file of your installed system (only the section of first Elive entry)
August 23, 2007 05:19PM
i have reinstalled eliveCD. An other problem appear wih GRUB. He don't recognize the file system ... I have modified the menu.lst and now all is ok.

Thank
August 24, 2007 12:37AM
What exactly you have modified on menu.lst ? Tell me if anything needs to be changed on Elive for fix this possible bug
August 24, 2007 01:22AM
a field was
 vga= splash=silent

i have correct this with
 vga=0x317 splash=silent

Maybe i am alone to have this problem ...
September 03, 2007 03:42AM
Hi.
and if you run elivecd, and then copy the file /boot, and then that file bott replace by the boot file on your installed elive version.

( ? )
September 03, 2007 06:08AM
i don't know ...
i try this when i have the same problem ;-)
but today all is okay
i don't want break all ;-)