Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

upgrade Gem 1.0

Posted by ska 
ska
upgrade Gem 1.0
October 26, 2008 08:08AM
Hi,
Can i upgrade elive Gem 1.0 to the latest (or any (development version ? Thanks you so much in advance emosmile
Re: upgrade Gem 1.0
June 02, 2009 04:41AM
*Ditto*

Network Administrator
9 Years
MCSA, MCSE, C/EH
June 02, 2009 01:52PM
Just download latest dev version and install it over the resident one.
June 02, 2009 03:08PM
Yes, this feature exist on a recent version of Elive, you will save users and files, and a few configurations, its like an upgrade mode
June 03, 2009 08:29AM
Oh, ok. So, I download it and burn it, then run the install from the live CD? This cannot be correct as the live CD I downloaded of 1.9 would not allow me to install. How do I do this? Is there something I am missing? Thanks again

Network Administrator
9 Years
MCSA, MCSE, C/EH
June 03, 2009 10:16AM
trivious,

There is no installer in the i-bar? There should be. Look in the settings, left click the desktop- settings-settings panel-apps-I Bar apps. see if the installer is in there.
December 21, 2009 10:21AM
I installed Gem 1.0 Dec 2007, and used it for a long time, but then had a disk problem/crash (and of course no backup - silly me) I now havebackups via Maxtor Maxblast and it is great, but I digress.
Since that time I have been downloading numerous unstable versions just to keep up with how Elive is changing and growing, and have reinstalled Gem 1.0 recently. I now have the original problem I had with Gem in the WIFI arena. I use a Linksys wireless router and have had great success only with the Elive 1.7.10 unstable download. This comes up, I enter in the specifics and am instantly connected (I am using this method even now).

My question is, "How can I install only the wireless software from the 1.7.10 unstable CDROM onto my installed Gem release on my Hard drive?

I apologize if this is really simple, but I am at a loss on how to begin and do not want to reinstall GEM again if I don't have to do so.
Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Eddh

One final note. I am looking for more bonus disks with games, etc. I originally get the first two as a 2007 Christmas present (Thank you Thanantermesis). I am aware of the third bonus disk and plan to get this today.
January 04, 2010 12:39PM
Hi,
I'm afraid that you can't install the ones from another cd (I'm not even sure it is based on the same distribution etch and lenny) but you can maybe look onto it for the name & version and have a look at installing them from sources it should be easier if you know what I'm talking about. If not just re-post with these informations maybe we can try to help confused...

Hope it helps...
Ciao @+

MerMouY

Some of my websites:
Communautary website idea: [teams.elivecd.org]
Personnal website: [perso.youm.org]
Rwanda, french community: [rwandaises.fr]
YouM's streeshow: [youm.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login