eee pc instalation
January 19, 2009 01:11PM
hi
i think that e17 is perfect for eeepc because of limited screen
is there anybody that can help me in a clean installation on a eeepc asus

ps i dont find any eeepc iso
Re: eee pc instalation
January 20, 2009 12:38AM
isn't this just a standart windows netbook?
January 20, 2009 09:56AM
yes but as far as i know it can run linux
the mater is how to install without eeepc iso
January 21, 2009 02:35AM
then i think the standart iso should do it.
i just installed the dev iso on my msi wind netbook via usb. if you've got a cd drive you can also use that one^^
February 05, 2009 09:37AM
Hi

the easiest to get a distro onto the eee is to download Unetbootin a free program. Put a formatted usb stick in the pc (note its drive letter) run unnetbootin select the iso which you have saved to the pc then select the drive letter of the stick and it will load it all up.

Then put the stick into the eee - make sure the bios (f2) is set up to boot from usb stick as first option. then keep pressing esc and you should then have the option of booting from the stick.

NB This works with
February 05, 2009 09:43AM
Hi

the easiest way to get a distro onto the eee is to download Unetbootin (free). Put a formatted usb stick in the pc (note its drive letter) run unnetbootin select the iso which you have saved to the pc then select the drive letter of the stick and it will copy the iso files to the stick and make it bootable.

Then put the stick into the eee - make sure the bios (f2) is set up to boot from usb stick as first option. then keep pressing esc and you should then have the option of booting from the stick. I havent tried elive myself but hopefully it gives you the option of a 'live' test run so you can run it off the stick before deciding if you want to load it onto the HD or ssd

NB This works with most but not all distros. and I have found unetbootin works more reliably if you run it under windows to copy the iso to the stick.

cimh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login