Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

update manager

Posted by satipera 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
update manager
March 03, 2009 06:41AM
I have installed elive compiz on one of my two pc's it feels like coming from windoze to ubuntu (only because unfamilliar) where is the update manager?
Re: update manager
March 03, 2009 07:58PM
Seriously I can't find the update manager where is it?
March 03, 2009 09:30PM
satipera, Look in synaptic and install it. :P
March 04, 2009 02:00AM
Thanks it never even occurred to me that a distro would not have it installed by default as it is essential.
March 04, 2009 02:03AM
With the default setting I get one update which will not install, but goes round and round in circles asking for root password. If I mark any additional updates in software sources, I get a smartupdate option and again nothing will install, I know this is an unstable system but are other people having this problem?
March 04, 2009 03:13AM
satipera, i don' know what the problem is, i just use synaptic to update. I really don't think there are any more updates because lenny is final now and i would guess the elive team is getting ready for the final version, won't that be great? clap
March 04, 2009 04:00AM
Yes it will be good, I am very impressed with this distro. I will carry on playing with it for now then do a fresh install when the final version is ready, I did not do a checksum on the disc image perhaps that may be why I am having problems with update manager.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2009 04:03AM by satipera.