update manager
March 03, 2009 06:41AM
I have installed elive compiz on one of my two pc's it feels like coming from windoze to ubuntu (only because unfamilliar) where is the update manager?
Re: update manager
March 03, 2009 07:58PM
Seriously I can't find the update manager where is it?
March 03, 2009 09:30PM
satipera, Look in synaptic and install it. :P
March 04, 2009 02:00AM
Thanks it never even occurred to me that a distro would not have it installed by default as it is essential.
March 04, 2009 02:03AM
With the default setting I get one update which will not install, but goes round and round in circles asking for root password. If I mark any additional updates in software sources, I get a smartupdate option and again nothing will install, I know this is an unstable system but are other people having this problem?
March 04, 2009 03:13AM
satipera, i don' know what the problem is, i just use synaptic to update. I really don't think there are any more updates because lenny is final now and i would guess the elive team is getting ready for the final version, won't that be great? clap
March 04, 2009 04:00AM
Yes it will be good, I am very impressed with this distro. I will carry on playing with it for now then do a fresh install when the final version is ready, I did not do a checksum on the disc image perhaps that may be why I am having problems with update manager.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2009 04:03AM by satipera.