Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

Repositories

Posted by jellmoo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Repositories
March 27, 2009 12:36AM
Hi,

I installed the unstable build last night and was absolutely blown away. The beauty of the desktop is simply amazing.

That being said, I noticed that the installation is a little light on installed software.

I am no Linux expert (I'd say I'm just a tad beyond a beginner) and have experience using Ubuntu and Mint. However, for the life of me I cannot get the package management to work.

The default repositories don't seem to have much software in them (both Firefox and Thunderbird do not seem to be there). And I cannot seem to add any extra repositories to it. Every time I try to add any, after Reloading they simply do not appear.

So my questions are:

1) Is there something to adding repos other than selecting to add a New one and refreshing the list?

2) Does anyone have a list of repos that they use for a nice selection of software?

Thanks a bunch!
Re: Repositories
March 27, 2009 09:08PM
I ditto jellmoo's question. Since the latest development build is synced with Debian Lenny, are those repos available to us?
Re: Repositories
March 28, 2009 03:43AM
Answered my own question. The debian-multimedia repos, which contain apps like kdenlive, do not appear to tie the right dependencies together with Elive, so I'm avoiding them at present.