Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

Elive won't boot after fine-tuning...

Posted by freeze10108 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Elive won't boot after fine-tuning...
May 19, 2009 12:51PM
Hi, I just got through installing Elive to my hard drive and going through the fine-tuning process, but now it won't boot. After I select it from the GRUB menu, it goes for a little while, and then I get a kernel panic. Here's a picture: [i42.tinypic.com]. Sorry it got a little cut off. Oh, and my laptop is an hp pavillion zv5000 if it's important.
Re: Elive won't boot after fine-tuning...
May 19, 2009 12:53PM
I almost forgot, it's the unstable release: 1.9.26.

Sorry for the double post. I didn't see the edit feature right away :(.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2009 12:57PM by freeze10108.
May 20, 2009 04:29AM
Can you try to install an older version? And report here, please.
May 20, 2009 11:05AM
Thank you for replying. I tried installing 1.9.24, but it still did the same thing at the same spot after the fine-tuning.
May 21, 2009 11:55AM
Hi
New to Linux & eLive
I downloaded gem (after a donation) & it installed ok (on Macbookpro under VMware) then after fine tune it fails to recognize my mightymouse scroll wheel correctly and only changes between the desktops :(
How or where can I fix this ?edt "fixed itself on 3rd reboot"

Is there any documentation on eLive use?
Editing preferences etc?
eLive is Looking Good But clap

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2009 12:02PM by ozewolf.
June 02, 2009 07:45AM
Your problem is very strange, do something... try to connect to the IRC (second icon of your dock) and say my name in the elive channel, then if you found me, (after to do a clean install and BEFORE the finetune step), i will need that you send me 2 files (they are 10 mb every one, so not good idea to do it via email), after to have these files maybe i can know the cause
June 02, 2009 07:48AM
ozewolf: try to use the just new published iso, it has a fix for boots after the fine-tune step (problem only in macbooks). About documentation, see your Documents folder
June 03, 2009 12:15PM
Hi, just checking back in. I wanted to let you know that I tried the new iso and it worked once. I had to reinstall afterward (I screwed up the xorg.conf and it didn't seem to work properly after I restored it.) Anyways, I believe that it's doing the same thing at the same place again. [i40.tinypic.com].

EDIT: I just noticed that when it has the kernel panic, the caps lock light starts blinking. I'm not sure if that's important, but I though I'd put it forth.

@Thanatermesis:

Were you talking to me or ozewolf about the IRC and file sending?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 01:21PM by freeze10108.