Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

NewbieQuestions

Posted by MEETmou 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
NewbieQuestions
June 09, 2009 04:54AM
Heyho!

My name is Sven and Im new to Elive! Im a Debianuser for many years now and have several questions which I would have wished to be appeared in the FAQ ._.

1. On which Debianbuild is this build? Stable, Testing or Unstable?

2. Are debian-repos working on Elive as they do in debian? And if they dont: Can I check which packages are in the elive-repo?

3. Is there some kind of official IRC-Channel or so?

4. I think I have no problem to pay for a good product and I really would BUT one of the greatest thins on OSS is that you can TEST things before you donate (: I saw that the LiveCD of Testing is free and I would have taken the testing-tree anyway but is it also possible to first install it and test it. Because I would be sad if I had paid for a debian-port that doesnt fully work on my two machines.. And testing this includes a full install

5. Do I have to protect the iso-images very well or do I recieve somekind of userid after i donated you? What I mean is: can I download eLive multiply times after ONE donation? Im student and even 10 euros are a lot for me.. But Im also software-developer and so I now that hard work SHOULD be donated (:

Hope Im not already stepping on your nervs xD

Greets from germany (:
Sven!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2009 05:12AM by MEETmou.
Re: NewbieQuestions
June 09, 2009 05:59AM
Hallo MEETmou!

Was du nicht alles wissen willst... und das alles auf einmal!
Da bekommt man ja nen Schreibkrampf.
wink

Guck doch mal unter irc.freenode.net bei #elive, #elive-compiz oder #elive-dev vorbei.

√úrigens:
Elive benutzt Debian Repos.
Und die derzeit stabile Version von Elive "GEM" ist zwar sehr stabil, aber veraltet. Nimm die neueste Dev-version.
idea