Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

Proxy

Posted by ndegekubwa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Proxy
July 04, 2009 11:34AM
Hi,
I am behing a proxy server at my workplace. I am not able to get Elive to use a proxy server either on the Firefox equivalent (I forget what it is called) nor on Opera.

I am using the same settings in another linux distro and am able to use Opera to work using the proxy server. Firefox never has worked behind a proxy server in this distro as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get Elive to work using a proxy server with either of the two browsers (or perhaps a third browser)?

Thanks
Re: Proxy
July 08, 2009 02:24AM
Any browsers i've installed on my Elive (and Opera as well) working well with proxy. No problems at all.
Do you configuring proxy settings in browsers settings ? Try ask your Admin.

Asus EeePC 1000H [Elive 2.0 Topaz]
Toshiba Satellite p10-802 -ATI video, ATI chipset, RealTech audio- [Elive 2.0 Topaz]
I hate ATI... but I love Elive. It work with ATI with no problem.
July 08, 2009 10:36AM
Hi,
I am glad that the browsers work correctly on elive for you, however they don't for me. That is certainly the result that I would like to achieve. I have received the proxy settings from the administrator, and as I stated above, they work in my other linux distro but not in elive using the same settings. Perhaps this is a clue that the problem lies elsewhere.
July 08, 2009 05:44PM
That sounds like a Hardware/Driver Problem with the ethernet-card.
Are you using ethernet? Or WiFi?

What Version of Elive are you using?
Did the other Distros you mentioned run on the same machine you try to use Elive on?
July 09, 2009 08:34PM
Hi,
I am using 1.93 development version. I am using ethernet when I try to use the proxy server. Yes, the other linux distro is on this machine. I have this laptop set up as a triple-boot with two linux and w-vist*.