Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

keyboard binding

Posted by cybermarcel 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
keyboard binding
August 23, 2007 06:54PM
Hi,
i have a wonderfull keyboard ;-) with many touch !!!
But some touch is already affect to an action. For example i can control my music with XMMS. But i don't use xmms, actually i use amarok.
How can i modified the binding. I can't set this in the preference of amarok and with the enlightement preference.

Thank for help
Re: keyboard binding
August 24, 2007 12:34AM
remove the bindings from e17 configuration panel and add your ones whereyouwant
August 24, 2007 01:24AM
the problem is that i can't use some touch with this solution. And why i can control xmms, any field about this, isn't it ?
thank
August 29, 2007 09:37PM
hi,
i have find a program for use my specific keyboard : keytouch
All is ok but i can't use some touch which are already use by an other program. i have this message :

Warning: Not all keys can be grabbed by this program. This
can be caused by another program which is already
grabbing these keys.

I can't modified some touch to use amarok (always xmms ...)

i think i must deactivate a program but what ?

Second problem, how i can do to launch this program in the start up ?

thank for your participation ....
August 29, 2007 10:42PM
all is okay.
i have found what is the problem. In fact, all my touch was already affect to an action and i can modified it with the configuration panel in section "User define action" and you hace an action with a keycode. I find this methode not ergnomic ( i have not find ...) so now i use keytouch. I have deleted all the key code in the configuration panel and now i work with my program (i control amarok).

I launch automatically keytouchd by add a command in the file ~/.elxstrt but May be it is not the correct way ?