Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

How to pls

Posted by Goer 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
How to pls
September 04, 2009 08:42AM
Hello all. Elive is just great and I have moved from Window$ to Elive 1.9.31. (later versions are not successful)
How do I get the live cd Entrance sounds (music and voice singing "Ee-live") on my installed version again? (not too technical pls)
Also, my ntp is not reporting time and dates consistently. It keeps reverting to New York time/date? when I live in Australia. I have updated ntp and ntp-date and the gui for setting dates but it keeps reverting to default.
For my desktop theme I have selected the beautiful 'Sky' theme. But I cannot change the clock from the selections. It does not like to change and insists on staying with the Sky theme clock.
1.9.31 works well IF I do not do any upgrades from Synaptics. I have found out the hard way by trying to upgrade and then having to re-instal Elive several times. I do not do any upgrades now. ("if it works, do not touch it!" Hey....sounds like Window$!) Take this as a warning for anyone trying to do 'upgrades' from Synaptics.
Last - why does Elive come out with regular 'Development updates' instead of 6 monthly 'Stable versions' that we REALLY NEED! Can this be a goal for Elive developers? For regular users (those not always tinkering with code and features) this would put Elive at the top of Linux distributions! I would pay for a good, reliable Elive distro!