Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

cinelerra

Posted by mandog 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
cinelerra
July 29, 2007 07:16PM
i'm using Gem, i have a problem with Cinelerra 2.1 it does not import mov /MP4 files from
my SD card, version 2.0 did with no problems i have a copy of Elive 0.5 Cinelerra works in that version if you do not update. This is not a problem with Elive. 2.1 is the same in every distro that i have tried I also use Feisty 7.04 with Cinelerra 2.0 and this works perfect but Ubuntu is now so far away from Debian that other things do not work. Gem is so stable so what i want to do is go back to Cinelerra 2.0 but i cant find it a and the all the bits on the net so if somebody can help on this i would be very thankful
Re: cinelerra
August 22, 2007 11:18PM
Use this format better for ALL your cinelerra files

mencoder -vf harddup -demuxer lavf -oac pcm -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mjpeg:vhq:vbitrate=6000 -noskip -mc 0 -o newvideo.avi originalvideo.avi
August 23, 2007 07:49AM
well that was not really the sort of answer i was hoping to get what is the point of having to convert a mov file to edit in a editor that is supposed to support mov in the first place. version 2.02 - pre march 2.1 supported quicktime, mov, mp4, since march the sound is not supported i found a way to use v2.0 in Feisty and it works perfect. and in Elive 05 it worked perfect. i don't think developers always care about whether things work or not, i do wedding vids birthday vids i can't tell my customers the quality is not as good now can i so why is this sort of thing allowed to carry on, its not as if my video camera is old,
August 24, 2007 12:45AM
maybe you can ask better about that on #cinelerra of freenode, cinelerra is *very delicated* with the codecs and formats of the media, and also exist a really lot of differents formats with differents settings (than the standard settings) possible

mjpeg is also the better video format to use on any video-editor, and for a perfect work on cinelerra, is the better option

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2007 12:45AM by Thanatermesis.