Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Only Elive 1.9.31 works for me

Posted by Goer 
Only Elive 1.9.31 works for me
October 18, 2009 02:57PM
Hi all. I have many Elive versions, including 1.9.50, but only 1.9.31 works. (Had to re-install it after trying all others!) md5 is 100% ok on all CDs. I am now afraid to try any new versions. But, 1.9.31 has its problems, such as dodgy installer which will not install cd_circleprint, etc. I cannot use Compiz at all, not even LiveCD. Nor eFax (winmodem) to send faxes. All I want is a nice Elive that "just works" (Mepis quote) and we surely need to see a MUCH higher proportion of stable releases to the constant stream of development releases. After all, is a computer not a 'tool' rather than a 'toy'? Despite this, I do want to continue to use Elive for my home and small business, as it is so fast and easy/fun to use, for which I am grateful. I have Intel dual core, 2Gb RAM, 3000Khz, 360Gb HDD and 1Tb Ext USB drive, GeForce FX5500 256Mb. (in case anyone wants to help me get these issues resolved. I am a software user, not a developer/tinkerer.

--- "The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice" - Proverbs 12:15 ---
-
Procesor: Pentium-D, dual-core, 3000Khz each
2GB RAM DDR 400mhz,
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500,256MB,AGP 8X,
Winmodem and ext DSL modem, VOiP Linksys SP3102
Ext 1Tb usb HDD
Elive 1.9.31
-
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login