Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repository Program?

Posted by LaneLester 
Repository Program?
December 30, 2009 08:22PM
I'm a long-time Ubuntu user who likes to try other distros... Debianish distros, that is. I just installed Elive and am looking forward to seeing how much satisfaction it brings.

I'll donate if I use this for a while, but this time I went with the free x.54 version.

Kudos for the LiveCD recognizing my nVidia motherboard chipset and giving me a nice screen for the install.

Gparted hung while scanning devices, so I set up the partition in Ubuntu. I first selected ext4 for the fs, but Elive said I had to have a separate /boot partition (not needed in Ubuntu), so I changed my mind and went with ext3.

I saw the blog post about repositories, but I don't see a program to do what Synaptic does for me in Ubuntu. Is there one?

Lane
Re: Repository Program?
December 31, 2009 05:48AM
OK, I found the thread that tells how to get Synaptic. I just assumed there would be a repository program installed by default. Maybe there is in the stable version.

Lane
Re: Repository Program?
January 04, 2010 12:05PM
Hi,
I think it's only a bug or mistake, synaptic is the default package manager for Elive... Was here and should come back quickly...:D

MerMouY

Some of my websites:
Communautary website idea: [teams.elivecd.org]
Personnal website: [perso.youm.org]
Rwanda, french community: [rwandaises.fr]
YouM's streeshow: [youm.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login