Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Install in eeepc 2G. help

Posted by Negrito28 
Install in eeepc 2G. help
January 26, 2011 02:57PM
Dear friends

I need help, I purchased your product elive and I paid with paypal the 15 dollars and I found the installation code for my laptop. But I have a big problem, my laptop is a Eeepc 2G only has 1.9g of hard disk space, and elive not installed because it needs more space. There any way to install that does not occupy much space on my hard drive, please, I paid for this system because I need it and this code of installation not work in other laptop.

Thanks
Re: Install in eeepc 2G. help
January 27, 2011 03:56AM
@negrito28:
It's true, the installed HD space requirements (2.5GB, approximately) are not mentioned on the eLivecd site.

One thing you can do s get yourself a 4GB USB key, and install to it using the same installer code you bought.
[www.elivecd.org]

Another option is to install Bodhi Linux, which is a VERY minimal assembly using e17 and U*u**u 10.04. It fits in 1.5 GB. I am running it on my eeePC 4G:
[www.bodhilinux.com]

Good luck!

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Qu├ębec
eeePC 701 4G
Re: Install in eeepc 2G. help
January 27, 2011 10:38AM
Thanks jschall for your recommendations ... I install Elive today on my EeePC Surf 2G but using a compressed partition reiserfs4. Could not create a swap partition because I had no space. the elive not work very fast, but was installed without problems and is working well. I will try another time with the program you recommended me. Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login