Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

Can e17 use all the deb of Debain?

Posted by Xorcerer 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
September 14, 2007 01:55PM
Can I add repos manually?
Re: Can e17 use all the deb of Debain?
September 17, 2007 12:13AM
Very good question I'm asking that myself too
for example I can't find gtk-gnutella in the repository's standard delivered and don't know also where to find and add repo's so if someone knows, let it know.
September 18, 2007 02:54AM
You can use normal debian repos. I think that elive uses debian stable or testing (not quite sure which one, but I would try stable) so debian sources will work.

But remember to not change the kernel or anything else in elive to something that is in debian repo, as that will give you so nasty problems.

And for ElonGlasb you can allways get single pieces of software from theyre authors, download the source and compile.
No automagical updates thou.

Repos can be added via synaptic, or by editting /etc/apt/apt.source or similiar with any text editor (not on elive at the moment so I cant check).
September 19, 2007 05:15AM
Thanks wasynyt, yes I know but it is off course easyer to install directly with apt-get and get all dependecy's resolved.
September 19, 2007 01:33PM
Yes offcourse it is easyer, but if you want something that is not in the repos and it is the only thing you want from that source. It will be better to just do it by hand and not bother with repos and spend time thinking what goes wrong when you do apt-get distupgrade.

Xorcerer, did you get your problem solved ?
September 26, 2007 11:37PM
you guys might be interested in this howto, it lets you have some newer apps and different stuff:

[forum.elivecd.org]
September 27, 2007 06:15PM
> **¤wasynyt¤ Wrote:**
>
> Yes offcourse it is easyer, but if you want
> something that is not in the repos and it is the
> only thing you want from that source. It will be
> better to just do it by hand and not bother with
> repos and spend time thinking what goes wrong when
> you do apt-get distupgrade.
>
> Xorcerer, did you get your problem solved ?

I am sorry I hadn't been here for a while.
I may try to added the ubuntu repos later for I am too lazy to compile softwares myself.
I think I have got some ideas, but not much sure.
October 01, 2007 08:08PM
elive uses stable debian repos, i tried testing and unstable, it works if you know what you are doing...