Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

Desktop

Posted by Lititia 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Desktop
September 21, 2007 08:56PM
I am a very new user of Linux; only one year in with the sampling of several distributions, ie,. Suse (as a dual boot to my older desktop), Mepis, and about 3 more that I don't remember the names.

I settled for eLive because it looked like the best for my old little Windoze Millenium Dell laptop. (So said my computer guy :o)

After problems with the wireless on the laptop, I told him to build me a new desktop system for the kids' room with eLive on it, to which he did.

Everything is running great, as far as a novice like myself is concerned, but I am a big fan of icons on the desktop...or at least a clock/calendar. Is there any way to add anything to the desktop?

I forget most of the time where I may have downloaded something, and can anyone remember the time when Linux was so new they didn't know how to use File Manager that well? That's me :o)

Thank you all in advance!!!
Re: Desktop
September 22, 2007 06:28PM
Left click on desktop, configuration, configuration panel, module settings. Clocks and all sorts there, be sure to have e-modules package installed and just enable the modules you want.