Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

elive new user

Posted by dag11 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
elive new user
April 13, 2009 04:51AM
hi guys! i'm about to install elive compiz version. first of all i apologize if my english is not that perfect but i'm from italy emosmile
i'm posting in this section cos i don't know if there's a better place. well, i'm an ubuntu user and one of the things i'd like to know about elive is what kind of differences i'm gonna find on this distro. i know elive is based on debian and that's a good thing considering that ubuntu is based on debian too. i used e17 before cos i've installed it on ubuntu intrepid.
to make suspend to ram work usually on ubuntu i need to make changes to xorg and other files. the last command i run is:

gconftool --set /apps/compiz/general/screen0/options/sync_to_vblank 0 --type bool

(if i have compiz working)

as i tried to do that on opengeu with e17 and ecomorph and it gives me back this error:

gconftool is not installed. it can be installed by typing sudo apt-get install gconf2

(checking out synaptic it is installed, while trying to install through the shell it doesn't find it)

i'd like to know if i can do that on elive.

p.s. sorry if my post is too long idea