Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
We moved to this Improved Forum!

Do not use this old forum, we MOVED to here!

Advanced

A proposal, making community, but with style.-

Posted by carax007 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A proposal, making community, but with style.-
September 03, 2007 11:25AM
I have an idea and i could edit it with cinelerra ( :D ) I saw lately a video of gmail around the world or something like that. Well, it would be interesting if averyone send a short video or picture about elive, about your life, about your desktop, with a little description of where you lived, how old are you, your name, with central attention to the elive desktop (somebody understand?) and with that i could edit some interesting video showing how many and different people around the world use elive.
(Im filmmaker and use elive as my personal computer, not as a job computer)

I will record a video about elive, where i invite a girl and then a open elive with e17, later open xmms and put a soing, then the girl start to dance. I will do that i think, if somebody do something else could upload the video o picture to a file hosting like rapidshare, megaupload or something like that.

Who wants to join?

:P

Le falta parafernalia a elive muchachos, ademas tengo algun tiempo libre para dedicarlo a eso.

see ya.
Re: A proposal, making community, but with style.-
September 03, 2007 11:38AM
The name should be go with the nick i think.

and sorry my poor english.
September 07, 2007 04:23PM
This sounds very good!

Can you post here a link to any of your works ? (youtube or something)

Maybe we need to put this thread in announcement mode emosmile
September 08, 2007 11:27AM
sure.

Im a chilean filmmaker. Im very young and im finishing a movie write and directed by myself called "melodrama", in youtube i have uploaded only a couple of video clips of the movie and one trailer, theres the link to the youtube pages.

[es.youtube.com]

[es.youtube.com]

[es.youtube.com]

[es.youtube.com]

and this one is just a video clip that i made to calostro, a chilean songwriter and the musician of my film, is a very simple clip, everything was made in one day, from the recording to the edit :P

[es.youtube.com]

thats all, i hope somebody enjoy it.

see yaaa.
September 10, 2007 02:51AM
The videos looks that has a production correctly professional emosmile

Maybe the problem is that the users don't has a sufficient quality video-camera, what kind of video-camera you use ? I think that the DV camera's has really BAD quality, looks like a flood of interlaced images on every movement, i personally preffer the quality of a newest and simple photo-camera, 30fps 640x480, but with correct quality and without this matrix of interlaced
September 10, 2007 09:08AM
the camera i used was the canon xl-1, 29.97 , 720x480, and yes, the minidv cameras doesnt have a good quality, but the sony z1 HDV is really really nice, and the hvx from panasonic wow, boths with minidv tapes.

Maybe the compression i made wasnt the luckiest one, anyway i must do the color correction and the idea is let it a look totally different to what do you see on youtube. maybe i finished the movie before november, i hope :s

P.D.: So, the elive video goes???? :P
September 11, 2007 04:07AM
Ok, I have made the announcement, search it on this forum
September 12, 2007 10:39AM
hi.

the interested ones can send an email to hecaldana@yahoo.es with the link to download the video. if you record your video with your cell phone find a way to convert the .3gp extension to mpeg, mov or avi please( this is just if you know how, if you dont, dont worry)

thats it, saludos.